Monday, February 28, 2011

The Revolution Continues

Hello readers! Should I bother apologizing for dropping off the face of the blogosphere or are you guys pretty much used to this by now? I wish I had some sort of cool excuse, like I was busy saving disabled orphans or something, but no, I just haven't felt like posting. The blogging malaise strikes again!

Last Thursday I got it in my head that I would return...and then I didn't. That night the Gerg made a cameo in my dreams, informing me that he was a regular reader, and referring to AC360 Review as a 'complainer blog.' Actually, he might have said 'complainer-y,' which would have been even more awesome. Either way...ha! Still less weird than when I dreamed Ali Velshi was a cult leader...

Anyway! As for the 360 kids' coverage, your humble 'complainer' doesn't really have anything major to say. The show's been doing a great job keeping up with the ongoing turmoil in the Middle East. I do, however, need to hand out a WTF demerit for tonight's booking of the discredited Paul Wolfowitz. Yes, let's totally listen to advice from one of the guys behind the Iraq bungle. I mean, seriously?

The only other little issue I have involves Fouad Ajami and really isn't even a criticism. I actually like him a lot as a guest, but he reminds me of Billy Nungesser. Not in a literal sense, of course. I'm referring to how he's become the go-to guest for this story. As I noted at the time, the show's relationship with Nungesser eventually led to slanted coverage of the BP oil spill. It appears they're having on more voices for this current story, so hopefully any slanting will be avoided. Still. Anderson Cooper is clearly enamored. Something to think about.

What a few weeks it's been, huh? A part of me is watching the coverage and thinking, what an amazing time for the world. People rising up; dictators falling. This is awesome. But the other part of me is watching the coverage and thinking, what a terrible time for the world. People murdered in the streets; fear/uncertainty abounding. This is horrific. And basically both parts of me are right. It's an astounding time to be a newsjunkie. I may not be blogging it all, but I'm most certainly following.

I'll return again when the urge strikes me (or I start to feel overly guilty). Sorry I didn't give you much this go-around. Pretty much I just wanted to check in...and apparently tell you about my hilariously weird David Gergen dream. You're welcome!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same thought about Fouad Ajami and Billy Nungesser. AC gets hooked on certain people and he won't let go, but it's good that they've sort of put the brakes on and are trying to bring in different commentators on Libya.

BTW, welcome back.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any idea why AC360 and CNN in general have basically ignored Wisconsin? The Tea Party has gotten tons of attention from CNN, but the union story? Nearly nothing. I find this disturbing.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come back to blog more often. Some of us really miss you!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com