Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Dear Egyptian Regime, Anderson Cooper Will Not Be Shying Away From Keeping You Honest

Hello peoples! Last night I was a very tired little blogger and subsequently skipped out on you. But the show was a rockin'. As for tonight, can I just say holy shit? Because damn, Anderson Cooper and the 360 kids are not playing, y'all! Oh yeah, they see those Mubarak regime lies and call them out they will. The opening of tonight's broadcast was total balls to the wall coverage.

I also like that our anchor smacked down critics who are accusing him of having a personal vendetta against the government because his team was attacked. Look, the joke is very easy to make: Wow, he's on fire! Don't ever punch Anderson Cooper in the face. But the truth of the matter is that he's displaying an extremely similar level of passion now as he did against BP last summer. And I'm pretty sure Tony Hayward never punched him in the face (though eventually he probably wanted to). Watch the awesomeness below:



The next segment contained discussion with Ivan Watson and Professor Fouad Ajami. I knew last week when I read about the escaped prisoners that the government was behind it. Orwellian indeed.



Ivan Watson also did a fantastic interview with Wael Ghonim, a very brave Google executive turned activist who was held by the secret police. He vows to not stop until the protesters get their country back. "I work in the best company to work for in the world. I have the best wife and I love my kids. But I'm willing to lose all of that for my dream to happen. And no one is going to go against our desire. No one." Makes some American problems seem small, no? The interview I've posted is from John King's show.



Finally, I want to post the segment with Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Peter Bergen on the Muslim Brotherhood. I was prepared to be not thrilled. Ali has some pretty extremist views, yet I've seen her time and time again go unchallenged. This was not the case tonight. It was a good pairing with Peter, and Anderson did a nice job with his questioning as well. All in all a surprisingly impressive segment.



That's going to do it for me. Yeah, I know we also had news of a married Congressman who answered a personal ad on Craigslist and then sent a shirtless picture of himself to a random woman. But really, at this point if the story doesn't contain alleged naked hiking or toe-tapping in a bathroom stall, it almost seems quaint. Oh, Congresscritters. Anyway. Show was excellent. Keep it up, 360.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger EmmKay said...

So THAT'S why Tony Hayward skipped 360 last year. Couldn't trust himself ;-)

This was such a great show. Love the passionate quest for truth. No false equivocating. No political correctness. Just 100% truth, truth, truth. Bring it, 360 kids!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com