Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Egypt On The Brink

Hello readers! Sorry for so much blog silence. When last I left you, I was a wee bit unhappy with the 360 kids' coverage, wondering when they were going to give the developing Egypt story some notice. My how things have changed! Unless you've been living under a rock (and my readers would never be rock-dwellers), you know by now that Anderson Cooper, producer Mary Anne Fox, and photojournalist Neil Hallsworth have been in the country since the weekend.

My non posting should not be taken as any reflection of their reporting, which has been most excellent. How does one snarkily review the ever-changing coverage of an uprising? One doesn't. But as a viewer I have most definitely been riveted. We're seeing history (for better or worse) in the making. The turn of events today was nothing short of horrific. As for our CNN friends on the ground, are they making me bite my nails off and develop an ulcer? Yes, we have hit ulcer-developing territory. But in all honesty, there is no place else I'd rather they be right now. This is the job they're trained to do and because of their dedication, the revolution will be televised.

Below I've posted the videos of Anderson and crew getting roughed up (punched in the face!) by pro-Mubarak thugs, and Hala Gorani having a similar experience. Also, I have been engaging in copious amounts of tweeting lately (seriously, I think I broke some sort of record) due to the unfolding events, and, uh, being iced-in. I have to say, if you're not following Ben Wedeman (@bencnn), I don't think I can help you. He's been providing indispensable information.

Other CNN musts can be found on this Twitter list, which includes Neil and Mary Anne, who very much deserve your love. I've created my own Twitter list of those on the ground in Egypt, ranging from network anchors to ordinary citizens. I definitely encourage you to check it out. And...I guess that's about it for now. I'm not sure when I'll be back on the blog, but as stated previously, I'm very findable on the Twitter. Here's hoping the new day brings less bloodshed and everyone remains safe.




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com