Monday, February 07, 2011

Home From Egypt, But The Story Continues

Hi everyone. I'm a lot shorter on time tonight that I had hoped, so I think mostly I'm just going to highlight some video. I am both relieved and saddened that Anderson Cooper, Neil Hallsworth, and Mary Anne Fox have come home (actually, I'm just assuming about Neil).

The fact that they are now safe has allowed me to leave ulcer-inducing territory, but I know they wanted to stay longer, and though some might think that's nuts, I get it. Of course, what I think is irrelevant. No one should be second-guessing the decisions of people whose lives were at risk, and Team 360 certainly shouldn't feel guilty for the decision that they made.

It seems our anchor is not going to allow me to totally jump off the Worry Train. Yeah, I heard that comment about him not being able to watch things due to a headache. At least he says he's getting checked out tomorrow. I would have preferred that to have occurred, like, 10 minutes after he got punched, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Below is video of Anderson keeping the Egyptian government honest, and he does not hold back! "Now, I know lies is a strong word; it's one we rarely use. We have talked about different facts, but we can't think of another word right now to describe what the Egyptian government has been saying, because what they have been saying is the direct opposite of what they have been doing." Sing it!



Then our anchor interviewed opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei, who also trashes the Egyptian regime:



Nic Robertson investigated the shooting death of a protester by police in Alexandria, Egypt:



The political angle with David Gergen and Jill Dougherty:



Then on to an interview with Egyptian actor and current protester, Khalid Abdalla, who starred in "The Kite Runner." I didn't see the movie, but it was an excellent book.



Finally, for fun, we have the RidicuList. Tonight's contestant is rapper B.o.B., who I have actually never heard of. I think that means I'm an old. Anyway! Mr. B (?) is on the list because he dared to provide a little bit of in-flight entertainment to the captive passengers. And Anderson Cooper does not like that one bit! When it comes to flying, the Silver Fox is kind of a crab. Also? Tonight did nothing to combat my theory that our anchor is actually turning into Andy Rooney. Good thing he's so hot such an excellent reporter!



I'm sorry I don't have any of the video of Ben Wedeman and Ivan Watson. Both men are still on the ground and continue to do excellent reporting. Other shout outs I need to give go to Arwa Damon, Nic Robertson, Hala Gorani, and Frederik Pleitgen. All doing yeoman's work on this story.

The show was great tonight. Cookies for all.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tara Bundidee said...

Hello matee great blog

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com