Monday, January 26, 2009

Yeah, I'm Still Here

Hey all. I thought I'd crawl out from under my mountain of tissues, lozenges, cough medicine, and antibiotics to let you know that, yes, I am still alive. Mostly. Anyway, reviews are not in the cards right now, but I have been watching the show. I thought Anderson Cooper would be taking a well deserved week off after his marathon inaugural anchoring and stumbly exhaustion-induced post-inaugural performance. No, he wasn't drunk (Diane Sawyer, however,...kidding, kidding). Those Gawker people are such meanies. Although, from now on, whenever anyone asks for a hint, I think I'm going to scream, "It's the Jonas Brothers!" Aw. Poor tired Anderson. And if none of that made any sense to you, well, you're obviously not wasting enough time on the Internets.

The show tonight was really good. I love that Obama gave his first big interview to an Arabic network. Can you imagine what's his face doing that? David Gergen seemed pretty impressed, which is a good sign. And if Reza Aslan is giddy, then I am giddy. Sanity has come back to our shores. Woot! I also enjoyed the Ted Haggard coverage and interview with Alexandra Pelosi. Maybe my recent illness has made me soft, but I mostly just feel bad for the guy. His church abandoned him and he still can't accept that he's gay. It seems like he's living a pretty miserable existence. But if he ever does start a new church, man, don't invite Anderson Cooper. Because he does not want to come, people. When Alexandra asked him if he would ever go to a Ted Haggard church, he replied with a, "No!" that reached a Ted Stevens-like level of emphaticness. Anderson doesn't want to go to his church. Message received.

Anyway, I'd watch the documentary, but alas, no HBO. And...that's really all I have to say. I'll be around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sammem said...

i enjoyed the interview too. I'm impressed AC 360 got that coverage. amazing. And the panel discussion was good too.

I won't be watching the Haggard story because I don't have HBO either. But i'm surprised that Anderson brought up the story again last night and looks like again tonight. I particularly enjoyed the interview and I am surprised other people had a problem with it.

feel better!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com