Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And So It Begins

Hi all. I'm still pretty under the weather, so this is just me checking in to say yo. President Obama (President Obama Eeee!) may have boogied into the wee hours, but he didn't waste a moment today getting down to work. Very cool. Speaking of those getting right back to work, I was a little suprised to see Anderson Cooper tonight. I suppose at this point I shouldn't have been, but if I were in his shoes I think I would have put in a nap request. I saw Blitzer was back too, though that's not really shocking, him being a robot and all. (Seriously, I don't think there was any point during these past four days or so that I turned on my television and he wasn't there.)

I was a little baffled at how much 360 focused on the oath re-do tonight. I thought the whole thing was kind of bemusing, actually. When I saw the original oath go down, to me, it appeared that Obama had suddenly blanked, which then threw off Roberts. Now we all know that while Obama originally jumped the gun just a bit, it was Roberts who messed up the wording. Both of them must have been hella nervous. I mean, there was only, what, a gazillion people or so watching? As far as I can tell, the re-do wasn't necessary--he became president at 12:00 PM. But hey, if it makes them sleep better at night, go for it. What the hell was up with Anderson Cooper complaining about issues of transparency? Dude, there will be plenty of actual controversies soon enough. I promise.

Well, that's all from me for now. I think I might just do my previously planned inauguration day post this weekend, so maybe if I feel better I'll do a review tomorrow. Or not. I don't know. I'll check back in though. Laterz.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi Eliza,

I hope you are feeling better. Is there any improvement with your oxygen treatments? AC's o.c.d. issue is transparency and he's sticking to it. Tuesday was so wonderful, joyous, it was just right. The heavy cloud lifted as soon as Bush flew away and Cheny wheeled off in his chair. I have a beef with media's compelling need to let you know Reagan's inauguration ratings were higher. They are not counting how many watched on line, in the streets on big screens or the fact that people watched it in large gatherings on tv. I hope you will be able to post your review this weekend. Take care, Anne D.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you believe someone atually wrote in to the R@K inbox and wanted to propose to Anderson on the air?

DO these people even HEAR themselves,or realize they look like a stalker?I guess not.

People like ''that one'' are the first to jump all over someone else,and criticize them,and then have the utter gall to send a moronic thing like that in?

I hope they can trace the email back,because that person sounds like one of Anderson's 'problems' he mentioned awhile back.

Just one of the many who follow him around on his various appearances,perhaps.

Poor man,he needs to be protected from crazies like that.

10:19 PM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Hey Anne - at least have the guts to use your name. I musta really got to you. Funny how everyoe else is fully aware that it was a joke.

4:07 PM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

PS: I am not speaking about Anne D. who was the first poster. Anne C. is the coward that only posts anon.

4:08 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

@anonymous and Pati Mc: Okay, I am way too sick to try to make heads or tails of what's going on between you two, but this is a drama free zone. I'm not into fan wankery. If there is an argument that needs to be settled, please find another forum in which to do so.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com