Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eight Years In Eight Minutes

Damn. It really happened, yet it's still unbelievable:



If after watching that you're feeling like, I don't know, you might want to slit your wrists, quick, watch this:



Also, I watched some of CNN's Saturday coverage and I know it's probably not cool to go all "viewer mom" on my TV boyfriends, but upon seeing Anderson Cooper sitting out in the cold with barely any protection against the elements, my first thought was, "oh my God, he's gonna have pneumonia by the time Obama is sworn in." I realize Wolf Blitzer was also similarly lacking in the warm clothing, but I didn't worry about him at all since he is, in fact, a robot. And could no one get David Gergen a tissue? The entire time I listened to him I kept hearing my mother's voice saying, "don't snuff!" Anyway, I know hats and scarves and all that jazz don't look that snazzy on the TeeVee, but to my TV peeps and my incoming prez, I have this to say: William Henry Harrison. Look it up, kids.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just read a post by Ms. Kay Jones on the AC360 blog, and it seems the crew has been trying to get our man Cooper to wear a hat, scarf, mittens (success yesterday), even all three. But no, not our "must touch everything without gloves" Mr. Cooper! -grin-

Hopefully there will be better luck on Inauguration Day itself, in getting the man to dress for the weather.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Sammem said...

Yea seems like viewers on CNN's blogs were commenting on everyone's wear. From Wolf and Andersons' purple ties to all the hats. But apparently every commercial the newscasters would head for some heaters. CNN bloggers said hot drinks were passed around... Except Anderson never drank any, because of his disdain for hot drinks.

Idk how that guy can just sit out there in a suit and gloves. Gergen even had a blanket over him at a certain point. And Soledad had a thick poofy jacket on. Anderson is crazy... which makes him awesome...

2:47 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

Anderson is crazy... which makes him awesome...

Crazy and awesome. Agreed. Let's just hope he's not crazy and awesome with pneumonia.

I love how no one cares about poor Blitzer. Though rumor has it he is a space heater-stealing bandit, so perhaps that's why.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com