Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Slacking: Now With Eye Candy!

Hi everybody. For those of you that celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope your day was filled with good food, good company, and perhaps a good nap. I'm still working my way through leftover turkey and sweet potatoes. Mmmm. Anyhoo, I'm sure most of you have already seen the 60 Minutes video that's been making its way around the Internets these past few days. You know, the one where Anderson squares off against Michael Phelps in the pool. Sans shirt (ZOMG!).

Now, this is not normally something I would blog about. Oh sure, I'm known to make little tongue-in-cheek references to Anderson's (and others'--Charlie Moore I'm looking at you) aesthetically pleasing attributes here and there, but it's been over a year since I did a full-on fangurl post. I like to leave that to other blogs.

Thing is, if I were to do a post on the horrible situation in Mumbai, or maybe one on how that poor man was trampled by rabid Black Friday shoppers, well, that would require, like, thinking and stuff. And really, who wants that? Especially on Thanksgiving weekend. So yes, that's right; I am exploiting Anderson Cooper's partial nakedness in order to keep my blog alive over a long weekend. I am shame-faced, but I know a money shot when I see one.

So anyway, back to the video, Anderson challenges Michael to a race, which means they have to get in the pool, which means they have to put on swimming suits, which, quite frankly, is pretty much all you need to know when it comes to motivation for watching the damn thing. And it contains the answer to the ever-burning question of, "hey there Anderson, whatcha hiding under those tight black t-shirts?" Looking good, Cooper.

Speaking of looking good, wow, our anchor is a pretty good swimmer. Color me impressed. I mean, yeah, he still got his ass handed to him, but c'mon, he was racing Michael Phelps. Also? How does he swim a lap and his hair still looks all perfect? That kinda makes me hate him a little. Just saying. Alright, I'm running out of fangurliness. You can watch Anderson's full 60 Minutes report on Sunday. I'm sure there'll be talk about, like, swimming and medals and stuff. Enjoy:



PS: Um,...sorry, Anderson. I promise that in future posts I will try to focus on your journalistic skillz.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliza we will forgive you for your fangirl post. I think this video took us all by surprise. ha

7:18 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

Well, thank you. :P Yeah, I wasn't expecting the notoriously shy silver fox to ever show skin again.

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com