Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hi everybody! Happy New Year! Everybody recovered? I sense a lot of hangovers out across the land. Like a lot of you, I rang in my 2008 with our good friends at 360--well, sort of, but more on that in a second. I have to say, Kathy Griffin needs to be on the show all the time. What can I say, I'm a fan of watching slight awkwardness. CNN should adopt her like they did Michael Ware and David Gergen. She can be their new Senior Snark Analyst. I'm actually not a huge fan of just her alone, but paired with Anderson? Television gold!


So, obviously I liked the show, but I do have a couple of beefs. C'mon, don't you know me by now? Of course I have beefs. First off, dude, CNN, what's with dropping us central time zone folks like a hot potato? I had to do my countdown with Ryan Seacrest, people. Ryan Seacrest. Uncool. Last year CNN was live for all of both hours. My second beef was with Erica's little news quiz. James Gandolfini, Barry Bonds, and the beauty queen that thinks that all the world needs is love and maps? These are the people we're supposed to be able to identify after watching the most trusted name in news? Okay, granted, putting say, General Petraeus up there would make people think of Iraq, and that's a big bummer to be thinking about, but still. What about Larry Craig? Newsy and hilarious. Of course when you have a half drunk crowd, you're lucky if you can get them to even pick out Britney Spears.


So, did anybody play Kathy's drinking game? I did. Of course, like her and Anderson, I also really don't drink, so my beverage of choice was, um, water. Later I switched to the hard stuff: V8. Eliza does things hardcore, people; don't try that at home. And while I'm telling you things not to do, let's have a little chat about the blowup Anderson doll, shall we? Um, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yeah: creepy. I love Anderson as much as the next person, but, oh my.


In regards to the musical acts, I found them pretty meh. Except of course for our own Sean Callebs rocking out. Oh, and the lounge singer fighting for his right to party was admittedly amusing. Let's see, other randomness: who didn't go "aw" when they watched Arwa Damon get to do something completely enjoyable for once? And was I the only one that yelled out "Run Gary, run!" when it became apparent some of his fellow runners had been tasting the spirits? Also? As soon as Kiran mentioned they were getting hit with unofficial confetti, I knew the next stuff raining down wasn't going to be so festive. Poor Kiran. Finally, John and his drag queens. What else is there to say? The country's most trusted cable news source features a drag queen that drops in a pump. God bless America.


Happy New Year 360! Anderson, you are an incredibly good sport. May 2008 bring more positive stories to cover (and no infotainment crap!).

Screencaps by stillife and cskitten.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you read em's comment on the blog? holy crap. she was in a baaaad mood.

8:24 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

@anonymous 8:24--Heh. Yes I did. I guess they all can't be sycophantic, can they? It's funny though, I think the blog finally isn't sucking. It just goes to show you can't please everyone.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com