Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Conflicts Of Interests Behind The Controversial Airport Scanners, McCain's History of Moving The Goal Posts On DADT, & Prince William Getting Hitched

Hi everyone. Your blogger is tired tonight, so I'm afraid the bullet points will be doing a lot of leaning on the video. Will there be more groping? Stay tuned.
  • I thought the opening segment that primarily focused on Michael Chertoff's connection to Rapiscan was pretty strong. I'm glad to see the media probing this very important angle of the story and I hope they investigate further. Also, the company is named Rapiscan? I mean, really?

  • Below is the interview with Kate Hanni of flyersrights.org. Anderson Cooper did a nice job of pressing her on her points.

  • I loved the segment that chronicled John McCain's continued tendency to come up with excuses for avoiding a repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell.' It very much looked like something we'd see on the Daily Show...probably because we did. A couple of days ago Jon Stewart and company ran a very similar segment. My view? The more outlets calling out this crap the better. But coincidence or not, they do probably want to be careful that this kind of thing doesn't happen too often, lest they get accused of copying a comedy show. I hope we see more of these kind of segments in the future. Both show's pieces are below.


  • So, I guess Prince William is getting married, and apparently a lot of people are excited by this. I don't really get the fuss. In all honesty, I thought the guy was already married. Anyway, in my opinion the 360 kids spent way too much time on what is essentially a celebrity story, but whaddaya gonna do? Tom Foreman's piece is below. I'm not going to bother with the rest.

  • The RidicuList remains. Tonight they tackled the controversy over PBS editing Tina Fey's political comments that she made while accepting the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. Not a bad contender. I am, however, still laughing at the name.
  • That'll do it for the show, which wasn't bad, despite being heavy on the fancy Brits. I hope 360 is now done with their Royal Watching. Yeah, I know, I'm dreaming. Cookies for accountability-keeping.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com