Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Interlude

Hi everyone. I've recently had a bit of extra work on my plate, so I'm taking a blogging break. I think I picked a good time. These last two shows? Meh. The Pat Tillman segment was great, and Anderson Cooper appears to still be rocking the honesty-keeping in the form of challenging guests (I say "appears" because I've done some channel surfing). But they're going too sensational for my tastes again. Kicking off the broadcast with the Michelle Obama non controversy? Really, 360?

Anyway. I don't have a day in mind for returning to blogging. Maybe tomorrow night; maybe not until next week. Check back, and as always, I'm rocking the Twitter. For now, I shall leave you with a treat involving our anchor. CNN isn't always the greatest with getting videos up on their site, so I sometimes find myself searching the YouTube to bring you fine folks content. As you might imagine, searching the Silver Fox's name can result in some, uh, interesting results. Every once in a while I come across something that's, well, one of a kind. The video below is both weird and hilarious--one perhaps more than the other. This is your career, Anderson Cooper! (Keep watching, trust me.) And you thought bloggers had a lot of time on their hands...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi Eliza,

Yes, Meh for Monday's show. The video is indeed weird and also funny. I like the one where AC is used as a prop for the rifle. Now it's time for breathless analogies of local elections from the pundits. If I barely know or can get worked up about my state's candidates, why would I care about another state's elections?

6:55 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

@Anne: Haha. I like that one too. And though I generally enjoy Kelly Ripa, AC beating her to death with her own stool was rather amusing.

I am so done with pundits pontificating. But you know that. My thoughts on the anchor babies/mosque segments are mixed. Anderson is doing a great job smacking down the crap, but a part of me wonders if they should really be giving these crazies the attention. Then again, at least in the case of anchor babies, elected officials are making these claims. So, I don't know. It just all feels crassly sensational.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com