Saturday, August 23, 2008

CNN: Obama Chooses Delaware Senator Joe Biden As Veep

Hi everyone. Well, it looks like it's all but certain; Joe Biden will be Obama's running mate. FINALLY! Maybe now the madness can end. You think the press is going to act like this for McCain's veep pick? Anyway, I didn't watch the regular hour of 360 tonight because I just couldn't take any more speculative insanity. If Biden can control himself and stay away from unwanted controversy, I think he's a great choice. He's got lots of experience (specifically in foreign policy) and he knows how to play the attack dog role. I really hope the Clinton supporters don't go crazy over her not being chosen. I've said this before and I'll say it again, she'd be wasted as VP. There's more power for her in a cabinet position or, heck, even as senator. Hillary Clinton for Secretary of Defense! So please, people, let's keep our eye on the ball: defeating McCain.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of Hillary's supporters are completely unhinged and are going to lose it at the convention unfortunately, I really hope the saner voters will keep on track and stay focused on the main issue of keeping McCain out of the White House. Biden's a strong choice and should help Obama (David Gergen will probably have a different opinion).

3:00 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hey Eliza,

I also hope that Obama will announce Clinton as a choice for Secretary of Defense/State (or secretary of something). A position like that would make use of her talents. Her supporters surely would be very pleased with that. Like anonymous, I am counting on the saner voters. I am comfortable with Biden, he definately can take on anyone. Anne D.

4:45 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

@anonymous--I hope you're wrong about some of the supporters losing it at the convention. There's bound to be some crazies though. I hope the news focuses on the majority and puts things in perspective. Probably shouldn't hold my breath.

@anne--I'm telling you, Hillary for SecDef is golden. And Richardson for Secretary of State. Heck, give me a little time to think and I can do the whole cabinet. ;P

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com