Saturday, May 24, 2008

No, I Didn't Quit The Blog...I Almost Died

Hi everyone. Have you missed me? I thought I was just going to see my sister graduate and then I'd be back, but life doesn't always work out how you planned. To make a long story short, I was in the hospital for almost two weeks with near fatal double pneumonia. For the first three days I had to be on a ventilator and the whole ordeal also resulted in heart issues, requiring numerous tests. So basically, it's been a hard couple of weeks. But I'm alive and I'm home now and that's all that matters. I might go into further detail of my experiences with our lovely health care system later. Right now it' s a little hard to type since I just came home from the land of a a thousand finger sticks.

As for the reviews, I probably won't start back up until after I'm back at work and doing fine. So probably not this coming week, but maybe the next. Last night (Friday) was the first time I'd even seen 360 in about three weeks. The hospital did not have CNN or MSNBC! Can you believe that? But they had Fox News. Totally uncool. Anyway, that's it for me for now, but I'll try to check in a few times before I start the reviews up again. Thanks to those of you who sent emails. I hope to be back to normal soon.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi: Good to have you back! I have always liked your blog, and I was afraid you were going to close it down. I hope you are OK. What a scary thing you went through! Please take care of yourself, and don't stress yourself out. All the best!--Patty

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALers was worried about you!
I'm so glad you're getting better. All the best,
Kayli10

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliza, I don't post here, but I always read your reviews, so this if a first for me.

I hope you are on the road to recovery and get better really soon.

Just take care of yourself and don't worry about the blog for now.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliza,
Wishing you a very speedy recovery & lots of help with your medical bills!

5:15 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

@Patty--Thanks! Yeah, it was pretty much beyond scary initially and then beyond frustrating later on. I thought they were never going to let me leave.

@Kayli10--I missed you guys! Thanks for the wishes.

@anonymous 8:38--Welcome to the comments and thanks for reading. I'm hoping this is all behind me and soon it will all just mostly be a bad memory.

@anonymous 5:15--Thanks! Yeah, I'm kinda already having panic attacks about the bills. I have insurance, but you know how that goes. I guess all I can do is just wait and see.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, wishing you a speedy recovery! I faithfully read your reviews but hardly every post. I really enjoy your blog, so glad to have you back and more importantly, healthy. I never thought twice about health insurance until I found myself bad benefits and walking around sick as a dog because I didn't want pay the $50 co-pay. Take care, and take it slow, the blog can wait :-)

7:34 PM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Whoa Eliza! Good Lord, so glad to hear that you are ok. Add me to the list of people who were concerned about you. Cannot survive without your rapier wit and snarkiness. =)

Please take good care and be well!

Knowing that you will be back eventually will keep us going. Take your time! Seriously.

All The Best for a speedy and full recovery.

PS: My condolences for being stuck with "Faux News". Yuck! SO not cool!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hi Eliza,

Yes, you were missed. Like the others, I missed your wit and observations. I am glad you are back home. I wish you a full recovery.

Anne

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you Eliza, and I am not sure this will post because I don't have any sort of password. I depend on you for the review and I love your attitude, I'm not actually watching much anymore because the politics got to me. Did seem like you were gone longer than you should have been. I wish you complete recovery, ability to pay those bills, and a return to the reviews. Love, Phoenix

5:50 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

@anonymous 7:34--Thanks! I guess I'm about to find out exactly how good my insurance is. I'm hoping for minimal hoop jumping.

@pati mc--Thanks! Yeah, I couldn't believe that they only had Faux News. They had HLN too, but who wants to watch Glenn Beck and Nancy Grace?

@anne-Thanks!

@Phoenix--You posted. No password required. ;P Yes, even before I left for vacation I was having politics fatigue and I see they haven't let up since then. Well, there has to be a democratic nominee sometime, right?

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Eliza! I love your reviews of the show. Stay home and rest and get better soon.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com