Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy Super Tuesday!!! (Tuesday's Coverage That Just Keeps Going And Going And Going...)

Hi everybody. Ah, I love the smell of democracy in the morning! Technically I voted around noonish, but 'I love the smell of democracy around noonish' just doesn't work. And I finally got a sticker! I've been voting for a decade now and this is the first time they've had stickers. I was so excited. I think I amused a poll worker or two, but they need amusing because unfortunately it was very uncrowded when I was there. Hopefully everybody went later. Anyway, drum roll, please. And the winners are...um, you might want to check back in a few months. What a night, huh? Just trying to figure out which democrat won my own state of Missouri was enough to make my head spin. At various points it was being called for both candidates. Congratulations to CNN for being cautious and not looking like idiots.

So I don't really have anything for you guys. No candidate locked up their party's nomination and we don't even know the final delegate count. This race is going all the way, baby! Even Huckabee is still very much in it to win it. Well, maybe not ultimately win it, but he's definitely in it. It's a good thing the media didn't act like it was only a two-person race. Oh, wait.

Super Tuesday randomness:
  • A big thanks to all the lovely people at CNN who said my state's name right all night. I had an "on notice" list all ready and everything, but only had to put down Bill Bennett. And really, Bill Bennett could be put "on notice" for a lot of things, so that doesn't really matter. Although, a tipster told me that David Gregory on MSNBC kept waffling back and forth, so grrr to him. And yes, people are now so aware of my pet peeve that they're turning people into me, which is fairly hilarious. Of course, since I didn't actually hear him say it, I think I'll dial that back to half a grrr.
  • The Election Center is kind of freaking me out. I have no idea why, but it has this NyQuil-like effect on me. Every single time CNN pulls a night of coverage there, I start to fall asleep. Maybe my brain just can't handle all those graphics. That's a lot of stuff to take in. And speaking of taking in, that'd be a good place to stick some subliminal messages. Perhaps a little, "I love Wolf Blitzer." I'm just saying the Wolfbot is alone with those screens an awful lot...which leads me to my next bullet point...
  • I've said this before, but you can not tell me Wolf Blitzer is not a robot. I barely even saw Anderson Cooper, but Blitzer just kept going and going and going. And he doesn't seem to get tired or sweat...or require food and water. And who but a robot could keep all those screens straight? Trust me on this one.
Okay, from my bullet points you can probably tell it's been a long day and I'm tired. I hope all of you are okay weather-wise. It seems it's been a pretty horrible night for some people. And the post-Super Tuesday race kicks off.

3 Comments:

Blogger IMGINGER said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog - you have a great sense of humor and I look forward to your posts [and the laugh or two I have to stifle at work].

But yeah - I agree - I think Volfy [German pronunciation] is a bot. Missed Anderson much of the night - they must have let him go home early... *sigh*

2:31 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

@imginger-Thanks! I'm happy I give you a laugh or two.

Anderson was actually there late reporting on the tornadoes. I'm not sure if he was underutilized because they just had too many people or if it was because he's sick. But apparently NOTHING messes with the Wolfbot's camera time. :P

1:12 AM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Eliza,

A dear friend of mine calls Wolf "wolfbot 3000". We are convinced that he has a lithium battery pack in his back and that they plug him in at night. Must be some super duper batteries seeing as how he just goes, and goes, and goes...EVEREADY BLITZ! LOL.

Too much Wolfbot, too little Anderson. Yes, the poor dear was all snuffly and whatnot (and I guiltily admit that he sounded very cute), but shessh people, let the man have his air time. He surely is much better to look at than the Wolfbot - no disrespect intended). Perhaps he needed to lie down between spots. The back of his hair was kinda messed up. Aw! Give that boy some TheraFlu!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com