Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rep. Louie Gohmert Talks 'Terror Babies,' Unloads A Bucket Of Crazy On Anderson Cooper

Hi everyone. No, I'm not back from my break. I don't even want to attempt to blog the hot mess that was tonight, but I would be remiss if I didn't provide you with the video. The 360 kids seem intent on making us think we're surrounded by crazy people (and maybe we are!). The interview with Representative Gohmert was just...there are no words. I'm saddened that this occurred on a Thursday and now we have to wait for The Daily Show to get their crack at the congressman. Jon Stewart even got a shout out!

Anderson Cooper did an excellent job. He was definitely a bit frazzled (loved the facial expressions!), but he kept the pressure on and remained calm in the face of...well, whatever the hell that was. Texas, my condolences. Anyway. The segment was great television. But was it news? I'm honestly torn on this. Gohmert is an elected official who fear-mongered about 'terror babies' on the House floor without any verifiable evidence to back up his claims. The 360 kids held him accountable. Yes, it's all a bit of a side-show, but tonight was probably warranted. I just hope they don't keep harping on the issue unless there's a significant development. Less sensation please. Craziness below:

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous GoodmorningNightmare said...

What happened to "the former FBI agent" who apparently started this whole terror baby story?

It's funny that they are pulling Jack Bauer on us, "we don't have hard evidence, but my instinct is telling me that we need to act fast before the terrorists' attack!"

Seriously, Jack. how good is your intel

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com