Thursday, January 01, 2009

Let's Continue The Party

Hi everyone. Did anybody else catch Larry King standing next to that humongous WWE guy? Hilarious. I'm still feeling kinda vacation-y, so I might just end up starting back with the reviews next week. I thought tonight's show was pretty good. I can't believe there's another escalating conflict in the Middle East. No wait, yes I can. But it still makes me sad. Glad to see the new situation in Iraq got a mention, though I wish they would have used their in-depth analysis time for that instead of some of the other stuff. Not a fan of Ben Stein opining on things, so I could have done without that. I wish he'd stick to the game shows.

The Charles Barkley story was, um, interesting, especially since it made the second day in a row that we've gotten an oral sex mention on CNN. Granted, last night's wasn't exactly planned, so...yeah. I was digging the spontaneous Urkel facts. Ahem, sorry, Jaleel White facts. Tomorrow night, Screech facts! Or, er, actually, given the trajectory of Dustin Diamond's career, that's probably not a good idea. I think CNN has met their scandalousness quota for the week. I still can't get my mind wrapped around the fact that Screech made a sex tape. *Shudders*

Speaking of all things lewd, "the shot" tonight was the lowlights of the New Year's Eve special. No, they didn't mention that. What, are you crazy? That was definitely one of the things-he-could-have-lived-without that Anderson was referring to in his blog post today (oh my God, Anderson actually blogged!). But they hit on a bunch of other stuff from the special, some of which I highlighted in my blog post from earlier today. While we're on the topic of that post, I've got some screen caps left over and I know you love 'em, so...enjoy:





6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eliza,

I hope 2009 is a better year for you. I know with your health issues that 2008 wasn't that great for you.

I thought last nights show was pretty good for a change and since it was actually New Years Day, they actually put a lot of different things into the show.

I am so glad the NYE special is over. I did not like it at all. KG makes me nervous for some reason. I think she gets out of control really fast.

I am so glad that you can cap from the show. These were all really good.

Here is to a great 2009 to you and all your readers.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anderson blogged yesterday! I had pretty much given up. It remains to be seen if he's going to do a little better this year when it comes to blogging, but I certainly hope so. I must be depraved because Kathy Griffin's shout out to the heckler didn't bother me a bit and I heard Anderson laughing after she said it so he wasn't upset either, but of course, that's not the type of thing that you expect to hear on tv, but I can't imagine the NYE show without Kathy now and I hope she hasn't been canned.

5:10 PM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Hey Eliza,

I surely hope that your health issues are over and that you get stronger each and every day. The world needs you.

As far as what Kathy said, I must be honest, I am still laughing about the fact that Kathy said "dick" on CNN. I mean, come on people, that was classic. I die. Maybe I am just terribly immature, but I loved it. You could also tell that she had no idea they were still on the air.

As to the other comment related to Dr. Sanjay, I laughed, admittedly, but I still feel there is never a need to utter those two words in public. Just sayin'...

8:44 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

@anonymous 12:23: Thank you for the well wishes. Kathy Griffin makes you nervous? Are you by chance employed with CNN in Standards and Practices? :P

Don't get too excited about the caps. On this blog they're only for special occasions.

@anonymous 5:10: The anchor finally blogs. Horray! Heh. Shall we place bets on the next time we hear from him? I've got April!

You're not depraved. Kathy's comment didn't bother me either, but I imagine if I was a parent with kids watching I'd be none too thrilled. CNN is a family channel and that was very much not a family show.

@Pati Mc: My health issues aren't over, but they're very much improved. The world needs me? Eh, I think the world would survive, but I kinda like it here.

Wait a minute, you're cool with a vulgar oral sex reference, but draw the line at pap smear? Hahaha. To each their own. :P

1:59 AM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

@ Eliza - the pap smear thing did not really bother me, I mean, I cracked up - but it is a bit too pathological. However, Anderson's reaction was by far the most hysetrical thing about it.

Trust me, I am far from a prude :P

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually what bothered me more than Kathy's word usage was her rudeness: like her remark about Gary Tuchman's daughter (enough about the kid already or something), no way to talk to or about a little girl who was excited to be working with her father on NYE on live TV, and her rudeness to Erica and Wolf (she said she was bored with him? or something) and her interrupting Anderson a lot, but mostly when he was trying to count down.

I've been to Kathy's shows, and she is good in that forum and funny, but no need to be rude to coworkers like that, the show wasn't all about her.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com