Wednesday, December 10, 2008

J. Jackson, Jr. Named Senate Candidate 5, Patty Blagojevich Implicated, Possible Bailout Progress, Anderson is Insane, And Forgiveness Amidst Tragedy

Hi everybody. No full review tonight. I'm a bit pressed for time. But quite some interesting fallout from the Blagojevich mess, huh? The governor himself was freed on bail today, and also turned 52. Happy birthday Rod! Your present is a ruined political career and possible jail time! You know what's sad? He still probably had a better birthday than I did. Intubated in the ICU does not a party make, let me tell ya.

Anyhoo! More information trickled out today, including the revelation that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is Senate Candidate Number Five. This is not to be confused with Client Number Nine, though there's a possibility he's still getting screwed. People are zeroing in on him because the story from Blagojevich is that he offered to raise money for him and there were talks held through an emissary. I'm not defending Jackson, but are we really going to take the governor's word on this? The man may very well be delusional.

It seems pretty clear that Jackson can kiss that dream of a senate seat goodbye. Kind of a shame if he did nothing wrong. I guess time will tell. Speaking of doing nothing wrong, Obama is now getting pummeled by the press and the Right. It's true there are legitimate questions to be asked, but the cynical part of me thinks the Right sees an opening and the press sees a good controversy that might help shore up some of their post-election ratings/readership. Obama needs to nip this story in the bud before it becomes a thing.

You know, I tend to think of myself as a bit of a potty mouth, but these Blagojevichs, man, they've got me beat by a mile. And was anyone else giggling to hear Anderson Cooper say "effing" this and "effing" that? Then there was Gary Tuchman and the "bleep." I so wanted him to just say it. Hey man, the FCC can't fine cable. But alas, we must think of the children.

So...turns out our anchor is slightly insane, though actually, I kinda already knew that. Swimming with the sharks with no cage! Ah! Okay, okay, I suppose that if I were capable and was with the expert shark diver guy and had the opportunity, well, why not? Except for that painful death thing, where's the bad? All kidding aside, the footage looks very cool and I look forward to seeing the whole thing. Which brings me to some pimping. Don't forget to watch Planet in Peril: Battle Lines on Thursday at 9 p.m. ET. That's Larry King time, people--an hour before normal 360. Show them love and good ratings!

That story of the marine crashing into the house and killing Don-Yun Yoon's family is just heartbreaking. How he was able to function, much less give a press conference is beyond me. And then to think of the marine's well being and offer him forgiveness...wow. After hearing about this idiot Blagojevich and then having all the loser CEOs in the news recently, it's nice to have a reminder that there are still really awesome people out there.

The Shot tonight was a Joe Biden commemorative plate and it's fairly hilarious. Not much of note on the webcast, though apparently Anderson got a call on his cell during the show. Okay, which one of you has his number? Also? No OJ! Woo hoo! I'll be back tomorrow. I'm still deciding on how I want to handle PIP, but I'll have something.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:09 AM  
Blogger Pati Mc said...

Ok Eliza, who is phishing you? Stupid people.

Anyhow....I am glad that you will have something PIP related. LOL that sounds funny.

And OMG to Mr. Yoon. What an incredibly beautiful example of a fine human being. He really caused me to think and reflect. Who would not wish to behave the same in that situation? But how hard would that be? Good thing to think about. Yes, Virginia, there are still some fine human beings in this world. God Bless Them!

Aha! I was not the only one wishing that Anderson, and of Gary would bust out with the real cuss word, or drop an F-bomb. Drat! FCC, you always have to play Debbie Downer and spoil all of our fun, don't you? Hmmph!

Well, you busted me. I am an evil friend. To me it is the ultimate challenge to bust up the anchorman on live TV. I have actually managed it three times now. *ahem*

3:27 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

To me it is the ultimate challenge to bust up the anchorman on live TV. I have actually managed it three times now. *ahem*

Wait, what now?

5:09 PM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

I was KIDDING about me being the one that called him. However, I have made him laugh on the air by sending things I knew would make him laugh. It was really not that big of a deal.

10:05 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

Oh, see, I completely forgot about the whole cell call thing. I write these things late at night and sometimes the next day I don't remember everything I said--hence the wackiness and sporadic typos. Heh.

However, I have made him laugh on the air by sending things I knew would make him laugh.

Do you mean you had a blog comment read? Otherwise, how would you know what you sent him made him laugh? You're not hearing him through your radiator, are you? :P

11:41 PM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

You guessed it. Three times he has read my comments and I even got a shout out the last time.

Once I sent a live blog comment way back in the day and I did see him laugh on the webcam during the break. I am not that delusional to think that it was me that made him laugh, but a friend of mine noticed it and clipped it, then called me. When I went back, at their urging to read the other blog comments, mine was the only one that was even remotely funny. So, whatever. Maybe that made him laugh, but he very well could have been laughing at something one of the guys said. I will never know. LOL.

Seeing as how I do not have radiators in my apartment I am going to say no to your last question. But he has whispered to me in the shower. Bwah ha ha ha!

Do you really think that person believed that? Man that is some frightening stuff. Poor Anderson sure has some freaks for fans. Me, I just like to make jokes and have fun; and make everyone laugh, not just him. =)

1:29 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

Wow, three times, huh? I've had mine read twice. The first time was when the blog was in its infancy (when he actually blogged a lot!) and I had left him a little mocking. He laughed and addressed me by name and it made my day, no, my week, no, my month. Heh.

The second time I didn't see (someone told me later), but it left me a little uneasy because my comment was a mean one about Karl Rove. I was afraid I was going to be put on the no-fly list. :P

I am very glad to hear you are not delusional. :P In all honesty, your comment did throw up a bit of a red flag for me. Yes, I really believe the radiator person exists--along with others. I don't know why, but it's like a moth to a a flame situation when it comes to Anderson and crazy people.

I usually like to remain low drama. But as anyone who has been a fan or blogged about anything related to the man knows, that can be a challenge.

2:29 AM  
Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Eliza,

Thanks for realizing that I am indeed not delusional. :P I realized when I read you comment and went back and read mine, how it sounded. Yikes, did not intend that at all and I appreciate you allowing me to explain.

Moth to a flame indeed. I have run across several of the true crazies in my travels and it prompted me to call a moratorium on attending events where Anderson may be. The last one I attended was a PIP preview last year and boy, did I get a rude awakening. I vowed then and there, that I would not do that again.

It is completely understandable that you keep a low profile with what you do here. Your site is one of two that I read and trust. Your insight is circumspect and I love the fact that you tell it like it is in a mature and intelligent way. Just keep doing what you do best. (Same thing I told Anderson, btw). =)

4:01 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

Oh, so you've come face to face with the crazy, huh? I've only met one fan in person who is a good friend. I've never gone to anything Anderson related or met the man in question. How many events have you attended? What happened at the PIP preview?

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com