Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Heckuva Job Brownie Returns, All About Faisal Shahzad, & Nashville Is Underwater But Apparently We're Not Talking About That

Hi everyone. My blogging malaise continues, so as do my bullet points. Away we go:
  • Holy Scary Lighting Batman! Tonight Anderson Cooper was coming at us live from Chicago, where it seems the studio needs some practice. I'm not a big noticer of things. Tie color on a given night? Couldn't tell you. But when I flipped over to 360 I found myself immediately asking Screen Anderson why he looked so different. Makes you appreciate the New York studio.
  • Today Michael Brown was brought back into our lives because someone on the TeeVee inexplicably thought he was the right guy to ask about emergency management. (Can you guess which network sought his advice? Can you?!) Aside from heading Arabian Horse Associations, Brownie is apparently also skilled at reading minds, because he knows the Obama administration had their little hearts set on this oil spill disaster so that they could use it to shut down drilling. He's really used these past five years to work on his character, hasn't he? You stay classy, Brownie!
  • Anderson pretty much squashed Brown like a bug, though I don't think it was that hard. Basically the whole interview was Anderson asking Brown to back up his statements and Brown, of course, being unable to do so.
  • Anderson: "As a former government official, I would think you would choose your words carefully." Um, has our anchor met government officials?
  • You gotta love the irony of a former Bush administration official accusing someone else of using a disaster for political gain.
  • A nice touch from Brown at the end when he makes sure to shirk all blame off himself and onto Bush.
  • Anderson's face when they cut back to him live after the taped interview was pretty funny. It's like he couldn't quite believe that conversation actually happened.
  • Anderson told us they would put more of the interview on the website. So I went to the website and...nope. In fact, what was there was even less of the interview. What the hell, 360? It's the little things that add up and hurt credibility. (Update: It looks like they put it up Wednesday morning. I still think it should have been up Tuesday night if the anchor is directing people to the site.)
  • Don't forget to set your DVR! (I still do not understand these promos.)
  • I'm embarrassed to say I'd never even heard of Chandeleur Island, Louisiana. Gary Tuchman said it was the most remote live remote he's ever done. And he's done a lot of live remotes, so that's saying something.
  • It's so sad to think about what the oil is going to do--is doing--to the wildlife.
  • Less than 24 hours after Faisal Shahzad's arrest and we know a crazy amount of info on him. Yes, I am skeptical. Almost seems too easy. But maybe these guys really are just that sloppy, which, if that's the case, yay for us! I'm guessing this story will change at least somewhat with the passage of time.
  • There should be no "partisan debate" about Miranda rights. Shahzad is a U.S. citizen. U.S. citizens have rights. Period. We are a country of laws. Even Glenn Beck admits this fact. It's going to be okay, conservatives. Unclench.
  • The anti-gay white supremacist may have been secretly gay? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!
  • So I guess Nashville drew the short straw when it comes to national coverage. Media missed the boat big time. No pun intended.
  • The "shot" was clearly chosen just so Anderson would have an excuse to again watch Rick Sanchez getting tasered. Oh, I'm on to you, Silver Fox! I've always considered our anchor a bit of a masochist, but now it's dawning on me that he's also kinda a sadist. The man definitely enjoys watching a good tasering.
  • That's it from me. This bullet point may or may not contain a unicorn.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous ZEGrockle said...

Being vehemently homophobic should automatically make others suspect you're closeted. Did you hear about the George Alan Rekers, the co-founder of the Family "Research" Council who got caught going on a week-long trip to Europe with a 20-year-old he met on Rentboy.com? He claims the kid was there to be preached to and lift his luggage.

I think that last bullet point is infested with nargles.

12:33 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

I think I heard whispers about that, but I don't know the details. I'm waiting for the day when Fred Phelps is outed. You know it's coming!

Nargles? I guess I'm showing my ignorance here. Is that Harry Potter-related?

4:31 PM  
Anonymous ZEGrockle said...

Yeah, nargles are invisible creatures that live in mistletoe in the Harry Potter universe. XD

Fred Phelps being outed would make my whole year.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com