Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Little Levity After A Horrible Shooting At Fort Hood

Hi everyone. This was a pretty terrible news day. The Army reports 12 dead and 31 wounded in a shooting rampage at Fort Hood in Texas. As a general rule, I don't blog "breaking news" because 1) it's too hard and 2) there really is no point. Some of what was reported today won't be true tomorrow. I learned long ago that you can watch hours of news coverage of a breaking story and literally only learn five minutes of actual facts. This isn't a criticism exactly; it just...is. I'm not sure how you get around that.

Yesterday I mentioned that CNN is the network that people turn to when news happens. I guess I should note that, in this regard, I'm more of an opposite kind of viewer. Though I'm a news junkie, I tend to purposely avoid cable news (unless the story has a strong visual component) whenever a big story breaks. I like facts. I loath speculation. I prefer to wait until people actually know what they're talking about before I tune in. But that's just me. For 360's sake, I hope I was the exception. The show went for two hours tonight, but I only made it through about an hour. From what I saw (and I admittedly wasn't watching that closely) it seemed to be decent coverage.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected. As a distraction from the horrible news--and because I didn't give you a real review--here's a video that always makes me smile:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com