Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pirates, Tea-bagging, and Twitter--Oh My!

Hi everyone. Life's been a bit chaotic lately, so my great computer search has hit somewhat of a stall. Plus, everyone has a different opinion on what kind of computer I should get, leaving me in a technology-induced fetal position. My main prerequisite is that it doesn't catch on fire. Okay, I didn't actually witness any flames come out of my dead computer, but there was definite burning and computer-fixer dude was flummoxed. "Did you have a surge protector?" he asked. Of course I had a surge protector. "Did your house get hit by lightening?" Um, not that I'm aware of, but I think I would have noticed that.

Anyhoo, so I'm afraid you're going to remain reviewless for a little longer. I'll try to check in more often and give you a little sumthin' sumthin'. I've missed so much! And so many opportunities for blogging hilarity. First of all, pirates! Admittedly, a very serious story, but c'mon, pirates! On Twitter I slightly mocked Anderson Cooper's assumption that the military would simply take the sea scourge out with sniper bullets. I'm guessing it was a bit more complicated than what his inner 12-year-old was positing, but dang if that isn't exactly what the military did. Though I'm late to the game on this, it must be said: America, fuck yeah!

An added bonus to all this was we got to see Gary Tuchman being all badass with a big ole gun. One of the many moments these past couple weeks that I watched and cursed the fact that I wouldn't be able to review. Of course, the king of those moments was Anderson Cooper's, "It's hard to talk when you're tea-bagging." Oh. My. God. I almost fell out of my chair. Hilarious. But was it wrong for him to say it? Honestly, I'm not sure. I think the tea parties were moronic--beyond moronic. Yet I can't help but think back to the HUGE protest prior to the Iraq war and the infuriating lack of respect/coverage from the media. There's something to be said for dissent.

Finally, the Twitter war between CNN and Ashton Kutcher. I got into this way more than I thought I would. There's conspiracy musings now that it was all a stunt orchestrated by Ashton. Even if true, oh wells, charity won in the end. Did I take my TV News Boyfriend's side and follow CNN. No I did not. I went with the "Dude Where's My Car?" guy. Why? One dude versus a corporation? C'mon, no contest. Plus, I was rebelling against Anderson's subpar tweeting. Suck it, Cooper! Heh. Aw, I still love ya--you just gotta work on your technological skillz. I actually think there's a real chance that CNN would have won if Anderson would have taken his cause to the web in a hardcore way during the last hours like Ashton did. TeeVee pimping can only do so much.

I'll be around, dear readers. If you're missing me, catch me on Twitter. I give good tweet. And don't forget to show your love for Jack Gray by becoming a Gray Groupie! I want him to get to at least 360.

PS: Crap. I forgot to write about 360's improving quality. Yay for them! The discussions of the torture memos have rocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com