Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No News Today, Apparently (Monday's Show)

Hi guys. Well, what a difference a week makes, huh? I guess 360 likes to show off their range. They can go from stellar to total crap in a mere seven days. Impressive. I certainly don't expect the show to always be somewhere like Iraq, but, well, I do expect news. Yeah, you can argue that OJ is a type of news, but exactly how is this arrest affecting your life or the world in general? I could care less about OJ Simpson. There are actual, important things going on in the world.

But at least this hour of craptasticness was preceded by a warning in the form of a blog post from writer Gabe Falcon. Now, normally Gabe joins Anderson and Charlie Moore as one of my top three favorite 360 bloggers, but I can't say I was a fan of this one. Essentially the post read as follows: yeah, we know there's that war thing yada yada yada, but dude, OJ's back with ratings gold! From the time of reading the blog post, I went back and forth on whether or not I would watch. Come show time I grudgingly plopped in front of the tv, ready to take notes, but after 30 seconds I realized I just . . . couldn't. Television flipped off.

Tonight's show was boycotted by AC360 Review. They won't miss me. In fact, I promise you their ratings will be great. Maybe some day people will learn that if they want quality journalism all the time, they have to stop watching the crap. But whatever. 360 is so much better than this. I'm sorry to those of you who popped in hoping to read a funny skewering. But hey, I'm sure they'll suck again in the future. Heh. And judging from the blog comments, they won't be warning us anymore.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only thought about OJ is that I hope for the benefit of the sensible news viewing public that he's thrown in jail forever so that there will no longer be an excuse to talk about him. Even if he becomes Bubba's bitch while incarcerated, I don't want to know. You notice that the media has long forgotten about Scott Peterson who ruled the airwaves for a while; his situation maybe wasn't as explosive as OJ's, but the media made a big deal about him and now not a word is ever mentioned about him - not that I want to hear about him. Darn near everything is forgotten by the media.

Tuesday's 360 is going to focus on Madeline McCann. Oh joy. Another story I couldn't give a crap about. I hate to be so down on the program after they put together a great week from Iraq, but they brought this on themselves. Since Anderson feels so dirty about covering OJ, maybe he needs to put his foot down about what he should and shouldn't report on the show, but who the heck knows what goes on behind the scenes.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

When I read Gabe's post today I had an inkling he was soliciting the answers he got.

I mean really..."How much OJ is too much?"

I honestly thought I smelled someone trying to make a point through the voices of others.

But then - I also like to believe that people aspire to be politicians so that they can help others...(read:hopeless optimist)

3:36 AM  
Blogger Pati Mc said...

Eliza,

Here here! I concur to your comments 350, or should I say 360%.

LOL - you rock!

7:04 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

@anonymous-I hope they throw him away forever too, if only to avoid the inevitable post-jail Larry King interview. Heh.

@natalie-I hadn't thought of that. I guess it's possible. Nothing wrong with a little optimism sometimes.

@patti mc-Thanks!

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com